Re: filmscanners: Best filmscanner, period!!! (strange title!)

Preben writes:

> That is absolutely not the case for the type
> of computer that you and most of us had or most
> probably could have afforded "some years" ago...!

I'm running a 2x 200 MHz PPro, and it is just fine for my requirements.  It was
fine when I bought it, too.  It is almost six years old.

> "Some years ago" , top level desktop systems would
> have taken at least 5 minutes to perform the same
> tasks (if you could afford them).

Most of the delay on my system is disk I/O.

> Now, please multiply that 4 minutes difference
> by 25.000 slides = 100.000 minutes wait = 1.600 hours
> = 200 work days.

It does add up, and if all I did with the system was scan slides, then obviously
an upgrade would be justified.  But I do lots of things with this system, and I
cannot afford to destabilize any of the other things I do.

> By the way, the polaroid SS4000 is very good
> - and cheap too. Why don't you do a couple of
> test scans to compare it with Nikon.

How can I test it without buying it?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.