Re: filmscanners: Best film scanner, period!!!

Rob writes:

> Not to belittle the problem, but assuming you're
> talking US dollars you could probably buy a cheap
> celeron or AMD computer for about $500 and fit the
> firewire on *that*.

I've considered it--but how would I get the pictures back and forth between the
two machines?  I'd need to buy a router, at the very least, so add a few hundred
more dollars.  And the machine would need at least 512 MB of memory in order to
hold the scans, so add a few hundred more.  And I'd need a second copy of
Photoshop, and a second top-quality monitor and video board, so add another
$2000 or so.  We are already into thousands of dollars just for this one chance,
and I'm not even counting the scanner!

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.