[filmscanners] Re: large scanning project

Let's be clear.  When Ed says that Vuescan "supports" a scanner all that
means is that the software is designed to work with that scanner.  That
does not mean that he has device drivers for these scanners so that they
work in any given OS. All the scanners he "supports" in 32 bit must use
their manufacturer-supplied device drivers in order to work with or
without Vuescan.  The Vuescan software already works with the Win x64
OS.  I have it on my computer, it just doesn't recognize that there are
any scanners attached because the scanners do not have 64 bit device
drivers loaded.

You need to ask him whether he can produce 64 bit device drivers for
scanners that don't have them.  Or you can ask him whether the scanners
will work with Vuescan without their appropriate driver -- but I know
the answer to that (and it's "no").