Re: Getting around the firewire problem was Re: filmscanners: Best film scanner, period!!!

> > Since it soumds like you have a decent monitor
> > I expect it has both BNC and D-Sub connector ...
>
> Yes, a Sony.
>
> > ... so you could skip the monitor or better still
> > get a 15 inch monitor and a dual head Matrox
> > graphics card.
>
> Nothing less than 20" and 1600x1200 is acceptable.  A second monitor on
one
> machine would eat too much memory and processor.

My understanding (I haven't tried it) is that a dual head Matrox card allows
you to put Photoshop pallettes on one monitor (15") and use the whole of the
other 20" display just to display the current image. The mouse cursor
crosses seamlessly between the two monitors.

Also if you connect BNC from one computer to the 20" monitor and d-sub from
the other you can use it with both computers.

Steve

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.