[filmscanners] Re: JPEG2000

Here for those interested is the situation from LuraTech.  Adobe provided a
useless answer saying JPEG2000 is not available in Photoshop full, which we
knew and which doesn't say anything about their future plans.  LuraTech
suggest that their product will soon be available in PS - "may be in a year
or more".

----from Luratech about LuraWave-----

I will try to sort it out for you.

0. All plug-ins are different products and need to be purchased
         seperately. (the core JPEG2000 encoder/decoder is
         the same but the plug-in frame makes them different.)

1. IrfanView
         The free plugin is limited in size.
         If you buy the IrfanView plugin for 9,95 USD, there
         will be no limits anymore.

2. Photoshop plug-in
         The full version is 79 USD.

         (The "small" Photoshop Elements 2.0 already supports JPEG2000.
         We hope, that the "big" Photoshop will support JPEG2000 also soon;
         this will be somewhat a breakthrough for JPEG2000. If so, you do not
         need our plugin anymore. But it can be still a year from now)

3. ACDSee
         There is no JPEG2000 plugin for ACDSee yet.
         We produced but could not agree with ACDSee about it so far.

         So, I would appreciate if you as a CUSTOMER ask ACDSee directly
         for that plugin; this helps to move the issue.

So, please order the products you want from our online shop at
www.algovision-luratech.com/shop

-------end LuraTech------

Note the prices seem to be slightly lower than this on the linked site.

Julian

Julian
Canberra, Australia

Satellite maps of fire situation Canberra and Snowy Montains
http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~julian/cbfires/fires.htm