[filmscanners] Re: Tri-X on Nikon 4000

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Tri-X on Nikon 4000
  • From: "david soderman" <scapes@wi.net>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:57:03 -0500

Tony Atkielski wrote:
> Portra 400BW is my current favorite for C-41 black and white films.  Like
> the other Portras, it seems to scan very nicely.  Virtually no grain.

For the sake of any newer readers, who haven't been following the various
threads in this list, Tony Atkielski is referring only to his limited
personal experience with the Nikon 8000ED model scanner.  It has been proven
conclusively that the Portra film series suffers acute problems with several
"new generation hi-rez scanners".

Joyfully,  -david soderman- <><