[filmscanners] Polaroid SS4000 shadow detail

Hi folks,

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but how do you get Insight to extend
exposure in order to
optimise shadow details?  If I set the preview to cover just the shadows, the
autoexposure setting
does reset the black/white points but still seems to use the existing exposure
and so doesn't
capture any more shadow detail.

In Vuescan this is easy enough but I want to understand the full potential (or
pitfalls) of using
Insight.  Incidentally, has anyone tried applying the Insight .icc profiles to
raw files from Vuescan?
(I suspect Vuescan and Insight raw scans are subtly different.)

Al Bond