[filmscanners] Re: Difficult scan problem

Well, for people who don't enjoy being made slightly mad in Photoshop, I
can suggest the following.  Full spectrum fluorescent bulbs are rated
with some index which I can't recall just now, but, if I remember this
correctly, a rating of 100 is accurate daylight spectrum.  The bulbs I
have used are between 92 and 98 on this scale. They usually cost more as
you get closer to 100. Regular industrial tubes are in the 60's and 70's
on this scale.  Even the special "natural lighting" ones usually are at
most in the low 80's.

I believe GE has a series designed for use in art departments, fabric
and clothing design offices and factories, where accurate daylight is
important, that run in the high 90's on the color scale.

Art