[filmscanners] Re: Polaroid SS4000 shadow detail

Hi Al,

I tried to send this in pribvate mail, but it is claiming an illegal or
unknown alias...

I see you mentioned Insight 5.0.  Although there has been mention that
shadow detail isn't improved with 5.5, if you have not done so, you may
wish to try 5.5.1, and also make sure that you have the most recent
firmware upgrade. Polaroid did come out with a newer slide profile that
was specifically designed to improve underexposed slides.  When I was
working on it, it was called Slide 2b, but it was in beta then.  It is
possible it has been renamed, and it is probably part of the 5.5.1
update.  Write me in private mail if you can't get hold of it, and I'll
see if I can help you.

Art

Also, have you tried using Vuescan, and do you find any improvements there?

Art