[filmscanners] Re: Cloning

Hi Mac,

Thanks for the response.  I came on this method almost intuitively.  I
don't have docs, and a combination of the "help" feature in PS and a book I
bought on PS led me in the general direction I finally found.  I've read a
description of the method that works for you, and it doesn't work on PS
5.0.  When I follow your steps, and get the point of alt-clicking on an
area near the flaw I want to correct, a message pops up that says, "Could
not use the pattern stamp because no pattern has been defined."  I've tried
this several times, following your directions, and I get the same error
every time.  The book I bought says something like this: ...after all, PS
can't copy from a pattern you haven't selected with Edit/Define
Pattern.  I'm guessing that you have a later version of PS that allows this
sequence of commands to work.

I've tried a combination of your method and mine.  I've selected an area
with the marque tool, selected Edit/Define pattern, and then using your
approach from there on.  What happens is that clicking on the flaw produces
the same shade of gray that the rubber stamp last "memorized," some time
around mid-day, yesterday.  It's a much lighter shade of gray than I'm
working in now, so that won't do.

I hope this helps clarify the problem and give you or someone else a new
thought.  Thanks again from trying to help.

Best,
John