filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: 2700ppi a limiting factor in sharpness?

Austin wrote:
>Ah, yes.  Seriously, DO chase a better lense!  The Contax 50/1.4 is a
>cheapie and any of the Contax lenses are in the same league as Leica glass.
>It's Zeiss glass...and they are superb performers, most any of them, and
>about 1/3rd to 1/4th the price of Leica glass.

I'd love to, but then I'd have to buy a new camera body as well. :)  This
weekend I'm trying out an EOS 50 with a Canon 28-70L and a 100mm prime to
see how obvious the differences are.  I'm going to try all the different
lenses I have as well - I was thinking of setting up the USAF target so
I have something consistent as one possible subject.

As I said before, the Pentax 43mm Limited is looking like the best option
at this point.  Lots of people seem to be raving about the Limited lenses,
and one magazine has adopted the 43mm as its reference lens.  In an ideal
world I might go for Contax or Leica, but I have very limited funds, so
the best choice seems to be get a good lens for the gear I already have.

Will have to buy another roll of Provia 100F...

Obscanning: Has anyone else noticed the difference in sharpness between
their lenses when scanning films?

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com