Re: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: 2700ppi a limiting factor in sharpness?

From: Rob Geraghty <harper@wordweb.com>
> Obscanning: Has anyone else noticed the difference in sharpness
between
> their lenses when scanning films?
>
> Rob

Not particularly, but nearly all of my Nikkors are at least pretty
good, and some of them are excellent.  The softest 35mm lens I own is
a Sigma 14mm, but it's primarily for emergencies:)  Used within
certain constraints, even it's quite sharp.  Most lenses these days
are pretty good, and the differences between shooting optimal
technique (high shutter speed relative to camera movement and small
enough aperature) and less than optimal technique, is usually a
significantly greater factor than you'll otherwise see with different
modern lenses.  Many photographers feel they get greater "clarity"
with faster films because of this (when hand holding, something you
may want to do with a 35:) even tho the test charts might lead one to
a different conclusion.

Dave

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.