Re: filmscanners: OT: Places to ask about lenses?

"Larry Berman" <larry@bermanart.com> wrote:
> You failed to mention which camera brand you're using. If Nikon, all their
> lenses are color matched. On other forums, like the D1/D1x, it's one of
the
> things that come up for discussion from time to time.

It wasn't actually that important.  My current main SLR is a Pentax MZ5 (ZX5
in the US).  But if buying a basic Canon or Nikon would give me access to
significantly better lenses, I would do that.  I just don't have the means
to test the differences between lenses from different brands, and my
impression of "consumer" 28-80 zooms is that it's much of a muchness.  But
if a Pentax 100mm prime is much the same as a Canon or Nikon, I'd be better
off spending the money on the lens than the camera.

When scanned, frames from the 50mm prime lens are notieceably sharper than
the AF zoom.  I want to find out if a different brand of zoom (or prime)
would make for a significant improvement.  I don't have the sort of money to
go for Zeiss lenses or that ilk, but it would be nice to use the sharpest
lens I can actually afford.

It's frustrating to see things fuzzy when scanned.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.