Re: filmscanners: Custom ICC printer profiles

Tony wrote:
>But I'm very fed up with Epson's approach, which
>seems to be to deluge this market with new models, materials and inksets,
>and rely on some sort of Darwinian selection process which is not unlike
>monkeys typing Shakespeare......

Yes, I've been thinking about replacing my oldish Stylus Color printer for some
time, but the changes in models mean that I never make up my mind what to get.

On top of that many of my Epson prints (Photo Paper) appear to shift to red to
a noticeable degree, over a period of only months, so that is another Epson
trait which does not please me. It's more than that in fact. After going to
some trouble to get a satisfying colour balance at printing time, I then see
the result going bad. Very disappointing.

You mentioned the Canon S800 Tony?

Colin Maddock

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.