Re: filmscanners: Custom ICC printer profiles

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 00:21:01 +1000  Rob Geraghty (harper@wordweb.com)
wrote:

> The 1270 or 1290 is certainly likely to be better - even with the OEM
> profiles.

Yes, so I understand. But I'm very fed up with Epson's approach, which
seems to be to deluge this market with new models, materials and inksets,
and rely on some sort of Darwinian selection process which is not unlike
monkeys typing Shakespeare. I'd be more impressed if they had ever fixed
the 1200 profile, instead of spawning entire new printers, and archival
inks which weren't, metamerism orange shifts etc.

The Epson list makes the point I think : you can get these things to work
well enough if you fling enough aftermarket cash at them, and spend enough
time fiddling, but even then there are no guarantees. I just don't
personally have a strong enough need for colour prints to want to mess
around that much.

But

Regards

Tony Sleep