filmscanners: Nikon Scan and USB card?

  • To: Filmscanners@halftone.co.uk, dflandrum@earthlink.net
  • Subject: filmscanners: Nikon Scan and USB card?
  • From: Mike Duncan <mgduncan@esper.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 18:51:27 -0400

I just got the Nikon IV today. The shadow detail is markedly better than my
Minolta Dual (SCSI) and noise is much lower.

Vuescan works fine on my Mac G3 with OS9.04 and 640MB, but NikonScan
doesn't seem to recognize the scanner.  I'm using an OrangeLink
Firewire/USB card. The OrangeLink driver uses Apple's USB software.
Vuescan likes it.  NS doesn't show the console. I've allocated 300MB to
NikonScan, rebooted with NikonScan CD in drive and then turned scanner on.
This didn't help.

Mike Duncan

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.