Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED

rafeb wrote:

> But curiously, our man from Polaroid is in ICE-denial,
> saying that his (perceived) clientele doesn't value ICE.
>
> Nor did I, until I had a chance to work with it.
>
> As I recall, David was in similar denial when some
> of us informed him (way, way back) that we'd really
> like a TWAIN driver for our Polaroid scanners.
>
> rafe b.

Now, now, poor David must be having some sleepless nights right now, so
let's not be too hard on him, eh?

I agree that the Polaroid would have made more scanner sales with the
an IR dust removal system.  What is the unknown is how much they cost to
implement, and what ASF charges for the initial services and licensing
fees.

I think there might be a way to get around some of the softness issues
that the current IR dust removal creates, at least in theory (I can't
test them because I don't write code).

And although I agree with David that IR treatments do soften scans,
sometimes that's a reasonable compromise, especially with judicious use
of USM.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.