Re: filmscanners: LS4000 slide removed from mount

Is it that big a difference?  We're speaking of the light angle
differences which can allow for an exposed area due to the gap between
the internal frame mask within the camera and the film plane... so,
that's based upon how far the guide tracks stand out from the frame
surface.  On the Nikon I just looked at, the guide rails actually make
up the top and bottom edge of the film frame mask, so the difference
there is zero, the short edges do have a small gap, I'm guessing less
than 1/32nd of an inch, assuming the film lies perfectly flat.

How much difference in frame length could that make?

Art

Moreno Polloni wrote:

>> For sake of interest, Popular Photo rated their F3 test camera at 98.8%
>> horizontally by 99.2% vertically.  I guess that's about as close to 100%
>> as one can expect.
>

> One thing that no one seems to take into consideration is the focal length
> of the lens used. Take some photos on the same roll of film with your widest
> wide angle and your longest telephoto. You'll find that the image size of
> the wide angle is slightly larger than that taken with your telephoto. This
> is a bit of a bugger when you're trying to file out the aperture of your neg
> carriers.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.