Re: filmscanners: LS4000 slide removed from mount

Dieder Bylsma wrote

> [snip].. I mounted the single frame into the strip film holder (FH-3?)
> and got a full frame scan from it. Worked great.

That's interesting Dieder. I have already complained here (in the thread 'the
whole frame') that the Nikon LS-30's FH-2 Strip Film Holder masks the edges of
negatives.

I just measured the FH-2 holder with a vernier calliper. Each frame opening is
23.5mm wide, 35.5mm long -- that means it's masking .25mm of each edge of the
image.

What size openings does the FH-3 holder have?

I found a picture of the new holder on the Czech Nikon site
 http://www.nikon.cz/ls4000.htm ). It looks like it does exactly the same job as
the FH-2.

If it does have full-frame openings, perhaps I should buy one. Or just take a
file to my FH-2.

Peter Marquis-Kyle

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.