Re: filmscanners: Cleaning slides

Kevin Power wrote:

> Can I ask members to detail the way they go about cleaning slides. In my own
> case, I use an aerosol spray designed for this purpose, then run cold
> running water over them and then dry them off by using the aerosol spray
> once more. Seems to work OK. Kevin Power.

I'm really beginning to wonder just what it is I'm not doing to my
slides that everyone else is doing which makes them mine not require
cold running water, ammonia, kim-wipes, PEC, and so on...

I mean, I know B.C. is known for it's pristine water and air, but what
exactly is it that you guys are finding all over your slides that
requires such drastic measures?

I'll admit, I have a few that have been mistreated, usually by the
processor, and sometimes they benefit from a good rewash in warm water
and a spot reducing agent like photoflo, but they are relatively rare also.

If I do anything, I give them a blast with compressed air, in most cases
that's all that's needed.

On a similar topic, today I saw an ad for Nikon's ED 4000 scanner, and I
have to admit the ad is pretty impressive.  They show an image of a
gorilla which is very dirty, dusty, scratched, badly faded and other
wish abused.  They then show the result from the ED 4000 after
application of ROC and ICE.  It really does look like a different image,
color is restored and defects are gone.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.