Re: filmscanners: Acer Scanwit 2720s vs 2740s vs HP s20

From: "Oostrom, Jerry" <Jerry.Oostrom@Alcatel.nl>
> I'll try the magic wand and a blur / remove dust scratches. There are
almost
> a 1000 spots on one slide. But the real soluion is perhaps another film
> processor. I'll even try using some water to wash the slide.

Jerry,

I've had really good luck using PEC-12 to wipe dust and thumbprints off
slides. I was remounting them anyway, so I cut them out of the Kodak
cardboard mounts, wiped both sides with PEC-12, and then remounted them in
Pako plastic. It probably got rid of 95% of the dust and defects with no
apparent harm to the slides.

It might be worth a try for you.

--
Todd Radel - thr@schwag.org

SCHWAG.ORG - Where Freaks and Geeks Come Together
http://www.schwag.org/

PGP key available at http://www.schwag.org/~thr/pgpkey.txt

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.