Re: filmscanners: Acer Scanwit 2720s vs 2740s vs HP s20

Todd Radel wrote:

>> Regarding your comments on Acer tech support and the included software,
>> drivers, etc., have you addressed this to Honda Lo from Acer?
>

> Yes, he's quite well aware of my concerns. He and I have exchanged several
> emails. At the end of my review, I think I might have mentioned that he
> seemed concerned and had promised to address all of the issues. He says the
> tech support people will get more training.
>
> If I understood him correctly, the support line is outsourced, not Acer
> employees. In fact, of the three support agents I've talked to, none of them
> had ever seen a 2740 or MiraPhoto 2.0. One of them had a 2720 on their desk.
> The others, I think, were just reading from a script. They were not aware,
> for example, that the 2740 shipped with MiraPhoto 2.0. They suggested I
> download the "latest" version, which they claimed was 1.10.

That's a real pity, and a real problem.  How can anyone expect these
guys to walk users through anything other than basic installation
without hands on use?  (I think you made that exact point earlier)

Well, I hope Honda can influence some changes and improve upon Acer's
weak spots.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.