[filmscanners] Re: OT: monitors (was Re: Nikon scanner availability)

It's all explained at the link
http://www.dlp.com/

They have had DLP TVs for I guess about 8 years. Most electronics stores
  carry Samsung DLP TVs. You probably walked past one and didn't know it
had DLP inside.

Getting back to LCD for photo use, LaCie and NEC have displays with wide
gamuts and accurate color. Not CRT quality, but much better than your
run of the mill LCD. LaCie is just a repackaged (or maybe tweaked) NEC.
The problem is these displays are very slow, so you can't do anything
with motion on the screen.
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10503

Suggested reading:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/10/28/a_revolution/

However, I'm still holding out for DLP on the desktop.