[filmscanners] Re: large scanning project

Yes, Epson is being pro-active about it.  I already have 64 bit drivers
for my Epson 7600 and R1800 printers (but not yet for my 3200 scanner).

And diminished regard for the manufacturer that fails to support their
product and keep it current is precisely the result and underlines my
point.  I'm not sure I will ever buy another Nikon or KonicaMinolta
product (both my KM scanner and KM printer are 64 bit driver-less).
Don't these companies understand how it damages their relationship with
their customers? Don't they know that an important driver for sales in
the photography and imaging business is brand loyalty?  They are just
shooting themselves in the foot.