[filmscanners] Re: ArtixScan 4000tf firmware

I suppose this seems obvious, but did you try contacting Microtek to
find out if there is new firmware, and if either version 6.7 or 7
require new firmware?

Could it be that the reason version 7 wasn't made available to you by
them is because either it is still in beta or it won't work properly
with your scanner version?

The 4000tf was basically also sold as the Polaroid Sprintscan 4000+, and
it is a good scanner in my experience (I have the Polaroid version).  Of
course, Polaroid provided their own software products to drive it.

But being that Microtek actually designed the product and are still
distributing it, I think you need to connect with them and find out if
these problems are common, or even predictable with certain firmware and
software combinations.

It seems you may be making a few too many quick judgments.

Did it work OK with the previous versions of the software before you
updated your PC?  What about going back to the software originally
supplied with the unit when you purchased it?  I assume it came with XP
drivers, for instance...  Why did you update the software, was something
not working correctly with the previous versions?

Art