[filmscanners] Re: Nikon scanner availability

On that subject...

I recently went to a friend's wedding and took along my EOS3 and 550EX
and some Provia. The two professionals were using DSLRs and what looked
like a 645 with a digital back - I didn't get close enough to check.

Anyway, after the wedding my friend's requests to see my shots were
getting increasingly desperate, it turned out to be because she was
unhappy with the professionals' efforts. When I finally got around to
processing and scanning them (9000ED and Vuescan) she pronounced the
colours much better than the the digital ones.

This made me consider doing professional wedding work myself, for about
0.001 of a second.

Stewart