[filmscanners] Minolta Scan Elite 5400 I or II ?

Tony and Arthur,

Thanks for your excellent, as always, comments.
I think I will try to find an Illumitran and give this DSLR "scanning" a
whirl, next time I have a few days to play with it.

Meanwhile, I sold my Nikon LS-4000 and am looking for something better and
faster.
I see Minolta has discontinued their scanners as well as cameras. (What a
shame)
I am thinking this is the time to buy a Minolta Scan Elite 5400 before they
are all snarfed up.
But I am not sure whether to buy the original or the "new improved" version.
I have located some of each, but am wondering which would be best.

The 5400 Scan Elite I used a cold-cathode light source which I understand
(through contributors on this list) would be less harsh and require less
dust removal.  The Scan Elite II uses a LED light source, but is faster.

Any thoughts?

Bob Kehl
ImagesByKehl.com