[filmscanners] Re: LCD vs CRT for imageediting

>ppatton@uiuc.edu wrote:
>> A few years ago, I posed a question on this list about the
>> relative value of LCD vs CRT monitors for editing scanned
>> photos using applcations such as Photoshop.  At the time, my
>> respondants indicated that a CRT monitor was strongly
>> preferable to an LCD.  LCD monitors have improved a lot over
>> the last few years.  I was wondering whether its still
>> currently true that a CRT is better than an LCD for photo
>> editing.  Can anyone suggest some monitors of either sort that
>> I might want to check into?
>> -Paul Patton

I was just checking out some of the monitors recommended in
the responses to my question about LCD vs CRT monitors.  I
guess I should have specified that I'm an amateur photographer
and had in mind an under $500 monitor.  In this price range is
CRT still better than LCD?
-Paul Patton
Dr. Paul Patton
Research Scientist
Beckman Institute  Rm 3027  405 N. Mathews St.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign  Urbana, Illinois 61801
work phone: (217)-265-0795   fax: (217)-244-5180
home phone: (217)-239-2015 x112
homepage: http://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ppatton/www/index.html

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.  It is the
source of all true art and science."
-Albert Einstein