[filmscanners] Re: Cleaning your monitor...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arthur Entlich" <artistic-1@shaw.ca>
To: <mlidaka@Ameritech.Net>
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 3:25 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Cleaning your monitor...

>Obviously, you didn't get your nico fix before writing this, eh ;-)

I didn't - my kid was in the room and I don't want to spoil her health as
well as mine ;-)

>If you read what I wrote above, I mentioned "dishwashing liquid" which
>is indeed a detergent, but a very mild one.  This differs greatly from
>dishWASHER detergent, which is usually a powder and is rather caustic,
>because it needs to clean without an scrubbing.  Dishwashing liquid
>detergent is one of the more gentle "soaps" and it usually doesn't have
>extra oils and additives found in liquid hand "soaps".

>Palmolive used to advertise there green dishwashing liquid was "so mild"
>you could soak your fingers in it (maybe you might recall Madge the
>manicurist who claimed to use it for her clients.)  Then again, that was
>before truth in advertising legislation ;-)

I appreciate the difference but I still have concern - even dishwashing
liquid is designed to cut frying-pan grease and to me that implies a
strength more than what may be good for a coated monitor.  I tried my
eyeglass cleaner, "Safe for coated lenses", last night and it seemed to work
fine.

>I'm sorry your environment is so dirty.  Maybe use plastic wrap on your
>monitor ;-)

That makes 2 of us - but the village promises a "new and better library" (at
our - the taxpayers' - expense, of course).

Maris