[filmscanners] RE: Drum scan oil

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Drum scan oil
  • From: "Jack Phipps" <JPhipps@asf.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:12:32 -0500

Yup. I mainly use it in the darkroom (which doesn't happen much anymore). It
is hard to use on the drum scanner because it evaporates so quickly, but I
do use it there too. I'd like to try it on the glass holder of the Nikon
8000... but I haven't built a jig to hold the negatives so it doesn't spill
inside the scanner. The other problem is that it is more flammable than some
of the fluids designed for oil immersion.

Jack