[filmscanners] Re: Cleaning your monitor...

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Cleaning your monitor...
  • From: "Arthur Entlich" <artistic-1@shaw.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 01:25:54 -0700

Obviously, you didn't get your nico fix before writing this, eh ;-)

> How about some highly dilute photoflo or a drop of dishwashing liquid

in some water, and then a rinse with water?  Use a soft lintfree rag or

quality paper towel.

> I think these rocket science cleaners for a computer monitor

(even with AR coating) is overkill.

> Art

If you read what I wrote above, I mentioned "dishwashing liquid" which
is indeed a detergent, but a very mild one.  This differs greatly from
dishWASHER detergent, which is usually a powder and is rather caustic,
because it needs to clean without an scrubbing.  Dishwashing liquid
detergent is one of the more gentle "soaps" and it usually doesn't have
extra oils and additives found in liquid hand "soaps".

Palmolive used to advertise there green dishwashing liquid was "so mild"
you could soak your fingers in it (maybe you might recall Madge the
manicurist who claimed to use it for her clients.)  Then again, that was
before truth in advertising legislation ;-)

I'm sorry your environment is so dirty.  Maybe use plastic wrap on your
monitor ;-)

As I stated before, I use a rag with a small amount of highly diluted
dishwashing liquid to clean both my monitor and laptop screens, which I
then rinse with a mildly damp lintfree, soft rag and it seems to do no
damage to either.

I use the same for cleaning the outside cabinets (usually when I buy
some used equipment) my own never gets that dirty.

Art