[filmscanners] RE: Avoiding Newton rings

using plastic/mylar type anti-newton sheets on 4x5 and 8x10 transparency
scans on my flatbed it doesn't seem to add texture or suchlike (and the
sheet is between the scanning head and the image). There maybe some very
slight softening, but I've done side by side comparisons and couldn't really
tell - but I'm sure the big neg helps.

tim