[filmscanners] Re: Epson 2200 does it exist?

>I traded up from a Nikon LS-30 to a Nikon Coolscan 4000 ED. Now that I have
>a lot of bits, I would like to see them in the light.
>
>There is some talk on the web about the Epson 2200.  I see web links to
>places in UK (I am in the US) that sell the Epson 2100.
>
>But the US seems to be dry.
>
>I searched the web, and some photostores, computer stores, and circuit
>stores list the printer, but none seem to have it in stock.  Even the
>online Epson store says "out of stock".
>
>I can't print my bits on wishware.  Can someone tell me what is going on
>with this printer?

Nothing out of the ordinary? I think it's just that when marketing
succeeds, early production doesn't keep up with demand. Judging from
current posts, a better list to track this on is probably

in the case of the US market. Not that posters aren't frustrated there too.

>Or suggest an equivalent (or better?) A3+ inkjet?

I'd look hard at the 1280, or for an arguably even better bargain, at
a refurbished 1270. But first I'd look even harder at

and at

>I admit to lurking on this list for 2 years. Please don't hold this
>against me.

Nothing wrong with lurking.

Sam