[filmscanners] Re: 3 year wait

Austin Franklin wrote:

> BTW, slide films are not better than negative films.  Overall, negative
> films still do have a slight edge, though slide films are far better than
> they used to be.
>
> Austin

I don't argue that negs have a higher potential res prior to scanning,
but since we are speaking about CCD scanners, or scanners in general,
and what they can capture, and since neg films exhibit more grain
aliasing, I would assume that they can't exhibit that higher res when
scanned due to the issues already discussed relative to compression and
expansion of contrast levels, etc, and that is why I mentioned slide
film.  Correct me if I've misunderstood these issues.

Art