[filmscanners] RE: Scanner calibration

Alex,

If you stumbled on a solution that works for you, then use it until it no
longer seems to be working despite any and all the suggestions I or anyone
else may give you.  As for "...but would it be hardware reason the output
would be wrong completely with either Nikon CMS On or Off", I do not know
the answer for sure; I was merely speculating in an attempt to help you work
through the possibilities - and it is possible that it woulod be a hardware
reason.  It appears that the profiles that you are referring to for
different model Nikon scanners may be different to account for the
functioning and limitations of the models thay are designed to be used for
(i.e., hardware and design differences); but they also may have been
generated under different conditions (i.e., using different color
temperature settings, different environmental lighting conditions, or the
like) which might better reflect your personal operating circumstances.

> switching the Nikon CMS off results in near-to-be color balanced
>scans featured by slight green tint (barely visible sometimes), which is
>nice considering the output wasn't color processed in software yet.

Technically inaccurate, no matter if the Nikon CMS is on or off, your
monitor's color settings and if you are using the Operating System's color
management engine with the default monitor profile for that monitor as part
of your OS's color management system are processing the colors.  Hence, you
are not dealing with the raw scan per se but with color processed by
software displays. This does raise the possiblility that the greenish tint
might be introduced by your monitor, its profile, or its settings.  This
might especially be the case if you are comparing previews directly from the
scanner using the scanner software on your monitor against displays of the
image on the monitor that have gone through Photoshop and its color
management system.