[filmscanners] Re: Scanner calibration

Are you sure altering color balance isn't "cheating"? ;-)

The film is probably recording a more accurate color temperature than
our eye does.  As you know, we color adjust chemically and reduce the
blue component we see in shadows.  If you were suddenly plunged into the
shadow after being in the bright yellow sunlight, you'd likely see the
shadows as very blue.

Art