[filmscanners] Re: SS4000 and XP

At 11:05 AM 15/04/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Trying to install SS4000 on new computer with XP.  Not recognizing scanner.
>Been to Polaroid site and - unless I'm not understanding something - it's
>not working for me.  Can anyone advise?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Denise

I had no trouble getting mine to work (XP Pro Enterprise edition) -- maybe
your SCSI setup isn't quite kosher?

Maybe you don't have termination set correctly, or the device number isn't
right, or the SCSI card is in a PCI slot it doesn't like, or the SCSI
card's BIOS (if any) isn't set right, or the cable doesn't match, or your
PolaColor software is playing up -- who knows?

You don't give any details of your system, so I can only speculate...

Mine is on an Iwill KK266 Raid system, Initio SCSI card, SS4000
unterminated, old Epson flatbed scanner on end of line and terminated.

Both work fine, XP finds them when they're turned on and the SCSI
re-scanned -- no need to start them before starting Windows, what more
could one ask?

There was a problem with the early SS4000 drivers and software (I had loads
of fun getting it to run in Win98 when I first bought it), but this is long
solved.

If no-one else comes up with a cure and you care care to send me more info
(direct email), I'll try and help you through it.

Regards

Charles