From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Petru Lauric
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 3:17 AM
To: alexz@zoran.co.il
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Scanning negs vs. slides

Alex,
I found the best comment on the topic of slides vs negs in a photo
magazine a few days ago: "The negs can record many levels of light (wide
input range) but the slides can capture many more tones in a narrower
input range". That's why usually a well exposed slide looks very rich,
very dense.
When I did some informal tests with my Polaroid SS4000 I was impressed
with the Provia 400F scans - very good color reproduction and low grain.
My 400 speed negs weren't that spectacular. Granted, I was using
consumer grade film: Kodak Max 400 and Fuji Superia 400.

Petru.