[filmscanners] Nikon 8000 Win 2000 problems

Anyone know how to get a Nikon 8000 firewire installed in a WIn 2000p
machine?

Been having troubles since this arrived.

Nikon 4000 installs on an identical machine fine.

One thwe 8000 machine, double checked the card, cables etc (the 400 shows up
and wants to install as soon as you plug it in)

So - it just won't seem to install the 8000.

I've been through the whole Nikon level 1 support - no good. They've put me
on to level 2 support to either fix it or authyorize a return, but it's a
2hr wait - by the time I got through today they'd all gone home for tea!!
(lets say Nikon support sucks BIG TIME...)

So - anyone coem across this or knows what to do?

Thanks

tim