[filmscanners] Re: Tips needed on difficult scan

http://www.dl-c.com/Velvia%20vs%20Provia%20100F/Velvia%20vs%20Provia%20100F.html

This may be the site that Bernie was thinking of.
Digital Light & Color has a number of interesting documents and
white papers on photography and digital processes.

I've become pretty fond of Provia 100F pushed one stop.
It is so good that it has pretty much put me off of negative
film - in my experience it it much easier to scan and far smoother
(less apparent grain) than color negative materials of the same
film speed.
-JimD

Oh, if the lengthy URL presents puzzlements just go to:

http://www.dl-c.com

then look in 'documents'