[filmscanners] Re: Tips needed on difficult scan

Just a point about film names.  Provia is made in two versions.  The
standard version is rather grainy (in fact it is only made in the 400
ISO version now, if I'm not mistaken, having been superseded by Astia in
the 100 ISO version, and is the same film as Fujichrome 400 Sensia II.)
   The fine grain Provia is called Provia F, and is made both in a 100
and 400 ISO film.  Provia F is a very nice film, especially for
scanning, as it has a very small and "soft" grain.

Art