[filmscanners] RE: Agfa woes

>From an agfa press release - the rest is online somwhere - just search for
Agfa and discontinued on google I think....

"Agfa announced it will discontinue the sale of its digital camera and
desktop scanner products in North America, as  of December 31, 2001. This
includes all markets in Canada, the United States and  Mexico. “This
decision is part of a regional strategy to create a renewed  focus on Agfa’s
core competencies in the areas of photography, graphic arts prepress, and
medical and technical imaging,” said Heikki Koskimies, President and CEO,
Agfa  Corporation."

Tim A