From: "John Milne" <john.milne5@ntlworld.com>
To: <albatros.bee@web.de>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 6:17 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Agfa woes

This is my first post to filmscanners@halftone.co.uk, so let's hope I've
got it right. I am the proud owner of one of those cheap scanners, an
Epson 2450. Its seems to turn out scans from negs and prints both of
which are of a very high standard, containing more information than my
photoshop elements will allow me to use. I also bought an Epson 1290
printer and between the two of them turn out very acceptable a3
prints... very acceptable at least to my amateur but originally art
school trained eye. If I want to be picky about quality the answer
surely isn't a £1000 scanner but a 2.25 neg wet print. If I wanted to be
absolutely picky about the quality I'd buy a box of ektachrome and get
my Graflex out. In fact, one of the reasons I bought the Epson wasthat
it wouldscan my 5 x 4s. All this for a long way under 300 quid.