[filmscanners] OT: Quad-black inks/Epson ink usage

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] OT: Quad-black inks/Epson ink usage
  • From: "Tomasz Zakrzewski" <tomzakrz@ka.onet.pl>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 19:13:01 +0100

Below is my question I originally posted to www.photo.net but maybe because
of badly chosen time (Christmas) no one responded.
I'd appreciate your help.

"I want to try b&w digital fine-art printing with Quad Black inks from
Lyson with Epson 1290 or 890 printer.
What average ink usage do you experience? How often do you change the
black "color" ink cartridges?
I'm also curious about the usage of Epson original inks when printing
color images.
An additional question: can I get equaly good results with Quad Black
in Canon S800 printer as with Epsons? It has the benefit of removable
cartridges and heads so I could switch from color to b&w without a
problem."
If you answer, please state print format (A4/A3) so that I can calculate
cost of a single printout in photo-quality.

Regards

Tomasz Zakrzewski
www.zakrzewski.art.pl