Re: filmscanners: Canon 4000 scanner VS Nikon LS4000

I had the same focus issues with my 8000 although I did not know it at the
time.  When I replaced it with a drum scanner and compared scans (120 film)
from the drum to those from the 8000, I discovered that the nikon scans were
not sharp to the edges.  When viewed by themselves, the nikon scans looked
pretty good but when viewed side by side with howtek scans, the difference
was obvious.  I imagine that the nikon glass holders would have solved that
nicely.  For the money, if you get one that works correctly for you, the
8000's are amazing units...

Lawrence

Lawrence W. Smith Photography
http://www.lwsphoto.com