Re: filmscanners: LS-4000, calibration and Windows XP

At 3:16 PM -0700 23-10-01, Fergus Hammond wrote:
>I've noticed that I get much better results from Nikon Scan 3.1 if I disable
>color management. If I continue using this technique, I assume I should make
>a profile for the scanner that I'd assign to images in Photoshop. I could
>also use this profile with VueScan when scanning in raw format - at least,
>that's what I think.

Fergus--

When scanning slides I find I get the best shadow detail by scanning
with color management off.  And yes, I have profiled (Kodachrome and
Ektachrome) IT8 targets scanned this way and I apply these profiles
as appropriate to the slides I scan.

So far it doesn't look like this is necessary for scanning negatives,
but I'm still experimenting...

Good luck,

--Bill
--

Bill Fernandez  *  User Interface Architect  *  Bill Fernandez Design

(505) 346-3080  *  bill_sub@billfernandez.com  *  http://billfernandez.com