Re: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: Using Photoshop as the viewer for Vue scan

thanks, that did the trick.. use "default" in Vuescan and associate tif files
with photoshop in windows. Its not too slow if I have Photoshop open already,
plus I can quickly examine levels and PS will properly display 48bit tif files.

"shAf" <rarewolf@roadrunner.nf.net>  wrote:

>  I found if I put the 'directory path\photoshp.exe' in the Vuescan dialog,
>Photoshop would work properly ... it would instead prompt me to open a new
>file.  The best method is to make sure Photoshop is associated with .TIF and
>.JPG files.  If some other program stole your association, re-association is
>different depending on the version of Windows.  If W98, then
>shift+right-clik the file and your should see "open with" ... with Win2000,
>simply right-clik the file and you should see "open with".  In both cases
>both dialogs will allow you to "always open with" whatever program you
>choose. Do this for both JPGs and TIFs ... you may have to re-boot for it to
>take effect.

Herm
Astropics http://home.att.net/~hermperez

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.