RE: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: Using Photoshop as the viewer for Vue scan

> >Herm wrote:
> >How do I do this?

> >Larry writes ...

> It's under Prefs>External Viewer (on Windows). You might have to plug in
> the path to Photoshop.exe. I'm not sure. Check with Ed.

  I found if I put the 'directory path\photoshp.exe' in the Vuescan dialog,
Photoshop would work properly ... it would instead prompt me to open a new
file.  The best method is to make sure Photoshop is associated with .TIF and
.JPG files.  If some other program stole your association, re-association is
different depending on the version of Windows.  If W98, then
shift+right-clik the file and your should see "open with" ... with Win2000,
simply right-clik the file and you should see "open with".  In both cases
both dialogs will allow you to "always open with" whatever program you
choose. Do this for both JPGs and TIFs ... you may have to re-boot for it to
take effect.

> But why do you want to open Photoshop immediately? It's a much
> faster work flow to scan all your images ... I use ACDSee ...

 ... but ACDSee is not color space savvy(?)  A Vuescan TIF embedded with
Ektaspace, even AdobeRGB, would look like sh_t ... how do you get your
colors right?  If PS is already open, it is very quick to get the color
right by sending small JPGs to Photoshop as the viewer.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.