Re: filmscanners: NIKON LS 4000 AND D1X

It seems that you must wait to have a 24 x 36 chip in your camera. This is
the latest specs on the new Canon pro digital camera
Mikael Risedal

2001-09-13 In its latest edition, the french photographic magazine
Chasseurd'Images gives first details about Canons long-awaited
D30-successor.   corresponding news can also be read online as a PDF-file
(follow link mentioned below). For all of those who don't master the French
language,here a summary of the main specifications: the new camera should be
named EOS-1D and integrate a 28.7 x 19 mm-sized 4.5 megapixel image sensor.
Thereout results a maximum image resolution of 2.460 x 1.680 pixels and a
focal multiplication factor of 1.3 times. Moreover, Canons new digital
SLR-flagship has an autofocus with 45 focussing points, a 21-segment matrix
metering and a fast burst-mode with max. 20 frames in a series at 8 fps. A
shortest shutter speed of 1/16,000 seconds, a Firewire datalink,
severalsensitivity levels (ISO 100 up to 3,200) and a RAW-mode underline the
highestpretention of this camera. The official presentation of the Canon
EOS-1D will only take place on October, 5th; according to Chasseur d'Images,
it will hit the
shelves in December at a price of 50,000 Francs (approx. 7,600 EUR)
Read more at http://www.steves-digicams.com/diginews.html#eosd1

Mikael Risedal