Re: filmscanners: Too picky?

Art wrote:

> But, my question is this...
>
> For people who do NOT have Minolta Dual Dimage II scanners, do you have
> one or more lazy or bad sensors in your CCD array, and if so, do you
> consider that an acceptable defect and have you decided not to exchange

My LS30 has no sensors so bad that they produce visible lines at 1200%
magnification.  I agree that it is not acceptable to have any sensors so bad
that a scan has clearly light/dark lines; I would want the scanner replaced.

Are Minolta telling you that the 'lazy or bad sensors' are not sufficiently bad
to justify replacing the scanner?

Bob

PS Your question in the heading is, surely, rhetorical ;-)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.